July 9, 2012

Happy Birthday my miracle babies! 6/29/12

So here goes my twin's birth story!

I was originally scheduled for the c-sec at 35weeks. A day before, OB checked the amnio fluid for the lung development and they weren't 100% developed yet. So we waited extra 9days to give babies time to develop a bit more. I was 37weeks.
As many of you know, my c-sec time was moved from 5p to 7:30a on 6//29/12. The morning was much better because I woke up and left for hospital, rather than starving myself all day long for 5pm surgery. These are photos going into the hospital and being prepped for the op.
morning of c-sec

My c-sec was delayed because there was a red flag on the fact that I took lovonox injection the night before. It is the blood thinner, which was prescribed by my fertility doctor and  I had been taking it an entire pregnancy. Obviously for the anaesthesiologist, it brings the concern and by their "book", they prefer to wait complete 24hrs! They also consulted with my OB. He was ok with 12hrs. The spinal anaesthesia is a much stronger drug than epidural and it took 10 seconds to numb my bottom half completely. From then, Everything happened less than 30 minutes and I was meeting my miracle babies!!
CJA (BABY A) 8:35a 5lb10oz 18 inches

KACI (BABY B) 8:37a 4lb13oz 17 inches


first poopy diaper

 I stayed at the hosp for 3 days. Both babies are so healthy that they didn't have to stay in NICU at all. That 9 extra days really helped I think. It was the hardest 9 days, physically and emotionally. I gained 38lb at this point. Some people may think that's nothing but my original weight was 100lb so it was tough! 

Hospital stay was ok. The nurses come in and check on us 3, (me and babies) at all time. It was nice to be pampered like that. I also learned a lot on nursing and taking care of babies. Every specialist is available at the hospital. So If you have a question about something, I always get the answers right away. The 3 days at the hospital was the toughest, yet the most educational time of my life. 

We took girls home. I felt weird that I have babies in my house.

From the 7 weeks of bed rest to non-stop sleepless nights of motherhood, my life is now totally changed. They are the most precious things I've ever had in my life. I still have bruises and tiny bumps from PIO shots from IVF time. This is a silent reminder of how hard we tried to conceive these babies.  They are just perfect and I am in awe every single day. 

These babies items had been waiting for the girls' arrival for a long time!

After midnight feeding.....Cja and Daddy
6 day postpartum, I started to run fever. Fever after birth is common either mastitis or infection from c-sec. My incision looks ok. I don't have all the symptoms that describe the sign of mastitis either. I called OB and was told to take fever reducer for the weekend. But it's been 3 days and fever comes and goes. I am thinking this could possibly from exhaustion. I need to call doctor tomorrow (Monday) although I have a 2 weeks post-op appointment on Thursday. 
I can't wait till my body is 100% again so I don't have to be fighting with pain when I have 2 little sweet peas to take care of. They are worth every effort I make!


Julee said...

Congrats again! I love seeing the pics of the girls! Keep posting more! I hope you get to feeling better! Just know that you will survive and after the first 3 weeks it gets better and better!

Jaclyn N Lil M said...

Congrats again! Your lil ones are just so precious! Love the pic of your dh with the first poopie diaper!! xoxo rest up

Kokoro said...

Congrats again! Hope you are feeling better by now..
Let me know if/how they like the swing!
I didn't use it with the first one (I wanted but they don't sell those things in Japan) and don't know if I should get it this time..
Talk to you soon!

Post a Comment